11.22.2009

Using Utensils

I'm a bit ashamed that Jackson has little to no interest in using utensils to eat. Initially I avoided letting him use the spoon himself because I feared the mess it would make. But, I mean, how old is too old to be spoonfed? Obviously, every baby is different and he has yet to reach that "too old" mark, but I will admit that it is slightly frustrating when you try to hand him the spoon and he screams at you as if you are torturing him by not guiding the food into his mouth for him. So, this weekend we have tried to get him to use the spoon. I do this by placing his favorite all time food, Yogurt into a bowl and giving him the spoon. It is working quite well. Here are the results:

Levi is progressing as well. Tonight while Jackson was eating dinner, Levi and Jackson both discovered "Old MacDonald". Jackson has lots of songs that he sings on a daily basis, and the exersaucer has always played this song, but tonight I sang the words along with it and they were both just thrilled. By the end of dinner Jackson was singing "E-I-E-I-O" as he sat slathered in yogurt. Levi was pretty close to meltdown mode in this clip, but you can see here that he has mastered the razzing sound with his lips.
And, as I sat writing this Levi was perched in the corner of the couch working on becoming a very good sitter upper.

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment