We flew home last night and it was pretty crazy. For the first time EVER, Jackson woke up yesterday morning having thrown up a little bit in his bed. He was disinterested in eating for most of the day, but in general seemed okay. He took a long nap before we went to the airport. We got to the airport and got in line to check in with the skycap. As we were standing in line, both boys in the stroller, a woman in line in front of us wasn't paying attention and her bag toppled over RIGHT on top of Levi's head. I restrained myself and didn't freak out, she didn't notice for a minute or so until Levi got a little upset then when she asked if her bag had hit him, I brushed it off and said no and told her not to worry. Even though it literally was right on top of the still soft spot on his head. We proceeded to take our circus through security which is quite a crazy excursion....they even make us take the Babies' shoes off.
Our first stop whenever we get into the airport is the family rest room. We can get everybody a clean diaper before settling in at our gate. So we went to the family rest room and took care of everyone's diaper. Then we headed to our gate. On the way we decided to pick up some food for Justin and I, so Justin got in line at Wendy's and I kept the kids moving in the stroller. At some point I noticed from my vantage point behind the stroller that Jackson's hand was wet, so I moved around front to see if he was drooling. Unfortunately, he has puked ALL OVER himself. So, I met Jusitn back and Wendy's and informed him that we would need to head back to the family restroom. One of our favorite (or least favorite) things about the family restroom is giving the evil eye to all the fat business men who emerge from the family restroom while our puke laden circus waits patiently for them to finish their business that they could have just as easily taken care of in the men's room. Anyways, we got Jackson cleaned up and changed him into his Pajamas that we had brought "just in case" something like this happened. We proceeded to the gate to wait for our flight.
We boarded the 100% oversold flight, where we had to go through the whole ordeal of finding someone to switch seats with because of the aforementioned oxygen mask issue. Justin and Jackson settled in across the aisle from me and I was happy that we could see each other because on the last flight they ended up several rows in front of me. There was obviously a lot of travel yesterday and we had to wait about a half an hour in line for take-off. And as soon as the plane started to take off, Jackson totally lost the contents of his stomach. I watched as he and Justin suffered. Justin didn't want to get vomit all over the person next to him, or the plane, so he situated Jackson so he was puking directly onto Justin's lap. Justin looked absolutely mortified and handled it like a CHAMP. When Jackson was done, Justin got a blanket out and tried to kind of wipe up and cover up. Just as we seemed to be reaching the point where the plane was in the air and you might be able to get up, the flight attendant came on and informed us that the Captain was warning of SEVERE turbulence, she said that under "no circumstance" should anyone un-buckle their seatbelt and she said, almost with fear "I cannot impress upon you how important it is to tighten your seatbelt and check your children". I held onto sleeping Levi so tight, I was afraid a big bump would throw him from my arms. Jackson had fallen asleep by then and Justin sat there, covered in puke holding him tightly. Thankfully we were re-routed around the turbulence and after about 20 minutes they informed us that we could get up. Justin took Jackson to the restroom with the only blanket he had to clean up. We were without a second extra outfit for Jackson so Justin did the best he could. And obviously, we had not brought an extra outfit for Justin. Jackson was so thirsty and he wanted to drink water so much, but everything he drank came right back up. He puked again before landing and Justin explained that he "was more prepared the second time".
It was a long drive home from the airport, but well worth it. This morning, Jackson got sick again so we took him to see his doctor who got us in immediately. The Dr. gave us very good advice and Jackson slept for a good 4 hours when we got home and went to bed early tonight. I am confident he will feel better in the next couple of days. Yesterday was just a long day for him.
In other news. Levi has been on a fairly regular once a week poop schedule for the past several weeks. But this last week he went 11 days before taking a poo. Well, I am proud to report that he has finally decided to poo and has pooped 4 times in the last 3 days including quite a doozie tonight that necessitated a bath.
Needless to say, Justin is a super trooper for being puked on and we both are glad to be home but excited for our next adventure to Houston because the boys have so much fun. Last night after our flight landed in KC I asked Jackson "do you want to go home?" and he responded with a resounding "NO".
Our first stop whenever we get into the airport is the family rest room. We can get everybody a clean diaper before settling in at our gate. So we went to the family rest room and took care of everyone's diaper. Then we headed to our gate. On the way we decided to pick up some food for Justin and I, so Justin got in line at Wendy's and I kept the kids moving in the stroller. At some point I noticed from my vantage point behind the stroller that Jackson's hand was wet, so I moved around front to see if he was drooling. Unfortunately, he has puked ALL OVER himself. So, I met Jusitn back and Wendy's and informed him that we would need to head back to the family restroom. One of our favorite (or least favorite) things about the family restroom is giving the evil eye to all the fat business men who emerge from the family restroom while our puke laden circus waits patiently for them to finish their business that they could have just as easily taken care of in the men's room. Anyways, we got Jackson cleaned up and changed him into his Pajamas that we had brought "just in case" something like this happened. We proceeded to the gate to wait for our flight.
We boarded the 100% oversold flight, where we had to go through the whole ordeal of finding someone to switch seats with because of the aforementioned oxygen mask issue. Justin and Jackson settled in across the aisle from me and I was happy that we could see each other because on the last flight they ended up several rows in front of me. There was obviously a lot of travel yesterday and we had to wait about a half an hour in line for take-off. And as soon as the plane started to take off, Jackson totally lost the contents of his stomach. I watched as he and Justin suffered. Justin didn't want to get vomit all over the person next to him, or the plane, so he situated Jackson so he was puking directly onto Justin's lap. Justin looked absolutely mortified and handled it like a CHAMP. When Jackson was done, Justin got a blanket out and tried to kind of wipe up and cover up. Just as we seemed to be reaching the point where the plane was in the air and you might be able to get up, the flight attendant came on and informed us that the Captain was warning of SEVERE turbulence, she said that under "no circumstance" should anyone un-buckle their seatbelt and she said, almost with fear "I cannot impress upon you how important it is to tighten your seatbelt and check your children". I held onto sleeping Levi so tight, I was afraid a big bump would throw him from my arms. Jackson had fallen asleep by then and Justin sat there, covered in puke holding him tightly. Thankfully we were re-routed around the turbulence and after about 20 minutes they informed us that we could get up. Justin took Jackson to the restroom with the only blanket he had to clean up. We were without a second extra outfit for Jackson so Justin did the best he could. And obviously, we had not brought an extra outfit for Justin. Jackson was so thirsty and he wanted to drink water so much, but everything he drank came right back up. He puked again before landing and Justin explained that he "was more prepared the second time".
It was a long drive home from the airport, but well worth it. This morning, Jackson got sick again so we took him to see his doctor who got us in immediately. The Dr. gave us very good advice and Jackson slept for a good 4 hours when we got home and went to bed early tonight. I am confident he will feel better in the next couple of days. Yesterday was just a long day for him.
In other news. Levi has been on a fairly regular once a week poop schedule for the past several weeks. But this last week he went 11 days before taking a poo. Well, I am proud to report that he has finally decided to poo and has pooped 4 times in the last 3 days including quite a doozie tonight that necessitated a bath.
Needless to say, Justin is a super trooper for being puked on and we both are glad to be home but excited for our next adventure to Houston because the boys have so much fun. Last night after our flight landed in KC I asked Jackson "do you want to go home?" and he responded with a resounding "NO".
OMG, that sounds awful - I'm impressed Justin handled it so well, though.
ReplyDeleteOne of the Mac debaters puked on the way back from the NDT on the plane (because he was still intoxicateD) and it was horrifying, but this sounds so much infintely worse.
Your poor husband. Glad he took it so well. I hope Jackson feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteHeroic !!
ReplyDelete