9.13.2009

Last free weekend for the Greens

This is our last weekend home before we both begin traveling for debate. We have tried to fill it with as much relaxation as possible with two kids under 2! Yesterday we all walked to the Farmer's market and then stopped at the playground on the way home. I am enjoying walking to places that we would normally drive to because Levi doesn't particularly enjoy the car and if it is a walkable distance, the trip takes longer and Levi will sleep in the new baby carrier for a longer period of time that way. yesterday it was 2.5 hours, so that was good. We have only been out to eat twice since we came home from Houston a month ago and that was only when my dad was in town. Eating more at home has proven to be good for the pocket book, good for losing pregnancy weight and good for the soul. We are having a good time as a family eating together. Last night we ALL sat at the dining room table: Levi sat in the bumbo ON the tableJackson sat at the big tableAnd at his table (he is hard to keep in one place)

Jackson also enjoys daily interactions with the cat, Nina whose name he pronounces "nine-a" with a long i. My big mission these days is being committed to breastfeeding even with my challenging travel schedule. In a couple of weeks I will travel for the first time. I need to have 90 ounces of breastmilk on hand for justin for my trip. My previous stockpile which was up to 80 ounces was depleted to about 20 ounces just 10 days ago. So, I have reinstituted my pumping regimen (I was slacking) and now have 75.5 ounces in the freezer. So, I am getting there. I really want to keep this guy growing, healthy & happy all without formula this time. Stay tuned this week for more stats on the boys. Jackson has his 18 month appointment at the pediatrician, Levi has his 2 month appointment and Jackson starts his Wednesday program at the Methodist Church. Its a big week for us here.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! They are adorable. Levi has changed so much since yall were here. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete