This was a big week for the Bubba & the Bro. The Bubba started "school this week" and by school, we mean one half day a week at the Methodist Church. Nana made Jackson a special bag just to take to school with him, she even put his name on it- and yes people, that bag was entirely constructed by Nana Frankie:

We packed his bag with diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, his lunch & a sippy cup. We decided that because Jackson is so incredibly attached to Justin, I should drop him off at school. We got there and there were lots of other kids including another Jackson in his class and a Jackson in the classroom next door! We had no idea how popular this name was when we selected it (but we still love his name just the same). After you pick up your child's name tag, put it on and sign your child in, leaving your cell phone number and the name and relationship of the person picking your child up it is time for parents to hand their kids over to the teacher (the door closes in half, so just the top is open and you hand your kid over the door to the teacher. Jackson took one look at that room with kids and toys in it and was like "let me IN", so I handed him over and he reached out his arms for the teacher to take him. Other kids......not so much. There were total screamers who were clinging to the door from inside the room and every time someone peeked over from the outside the crying children would look at you, anticipating that you might be their mommy or daddy. It was pretty sad, but I was very proud at how Jackson behaved. When I went to pick him up, he was pretty excited to see me, he ran towards me and I took this shot of him headed for the door so I could pick him up:

They left a note in his bag that explained everything Jackson had done that day it said he had fun learning the two bible verses they went over that day and playing with puzzles, reading books, singing, and working on their "art" project for the day which was a leaf rubbing. While Justin and I are not exactly super religious, we have two thoughts about the bible verses: 1, the verses the read that day were good lessons anyone should learn- be nice, share, love, etc. and 2, if they can get our kid to understand and comprehend a "lesson" that in and of itself is a victory. He also ate almost all of his lunch- there were literally only like 2 goldfish left so we were happy about that. We are curious however if they got him to eat at a table, and if so, how did they prevent him from stealing other children's food?
While I was picking the Bubba up from his first day of school, Justin took the Bro to his 2 month well child check up at the pediatrician. Where he reported to the Dr. that Levi can smile, he can lift his head more than 45 degrees which are both things that he has accomplished well before the Bubba did. Justin came home with great news from the Dr. Levi now weighs 12lbs 5oz which is 5lbs more than he weighed when he was born and is 24.25" long can you say 88th percentile in height? Levi's stats are awesome and indicate that exclusive breastfeeding is going very well. We are now nearing 10 weeks of breastfeeding and I am continuing to hope that not only Levi benefits from this, but that I too can reap the metabolic rewards of breastfeeding. After being pregnant for two years in a row, I am ready to slim down in a serious way. But we don't know exactly how much I weigh because we don't have a scale. When I get really curious, I go to Bed Bath & Beyond and stand on three or four scales and then average what they tell me.......and I have only done that twice in 10 weeks, so its not like I am some psycho lady going to BB&B every other day to weigh myself. Here is the best shot we have so far of the Bro smiling, don't worry we'll get more and better shots of this in weeks to come:

Levi really seems to be over the newborn hump. He is no longer crying for hours on end. I have realized what it takes to get him to go to sleep at the end of the night and I am confident that he will begin to find a real routine in the future. For now, I am just happy that last night he slept solid from 8:45pm-1:45am and then only got up one more time before 6am. There is a big difference between getting up 4-5 times between 10 and 6 and only getting up twice- A BIG DIFFERENCE. And, as I write this tonight, both boys have been in bed since 8:15pm- Ahhhhhhhh alone time............
Jackson has always been a ham for the camera and now when you take his picture, he begs for more. When you try to put the camera down he says "more more more" and it is too cute. He and Justin had a little photo session yesterday morning after I had left for work:


Then last night before bed we had another little photo shoot in the Bubba's new monster jammies from Nana check out these PJ's the eyes on the little monsters on his pants GLOW IN THE DARK- I have to put a blanket over his legs when he goes to bed so it doesn't keep him awake!

Like I said, this kid is a total HAM!
Ok, so there is totally a modeling career in Jackson's future. Look at that first shot from his "shoot" with Justin--it's fierce.
ReplyDelete