So, I went to the birthing center today. I met with Dr. Norris, who is the Dr. who founded the birthing center and also the one who delivered Jackson. I hadn't seen her since the night Jackson was born. She immediately confirmed that the little Bro is in position and that I didn't need to worry about any sketchy procedure to straighten him out. We talked for a really long time and I am just so glad that I have access to such great care that is so personal. We had a lively conversation and she really took time to address all of my concerns. Dr. Norris is the only Dr. at the center and she will likely not deliver the baby for us as she is only on call one day a month for deliveries (we just got lucky last time). However, in the event that I am transferred to the hospital, she will meet us at the hospital and deliver the baby because the midwives are not allowed to deliver at the hospital. So, I asked her all sorts of questions about what happens if I am transferred. For instance, I asked her what I should do if I went into labor tomorrow. Should I check into the hospital here in Manhattan and get any random doctor or should I go to Topeka and make sure she is my OB? I am still undecided on this question and we would probably make the call on the fly. She assured me though, that this was highly unlikely and that I would be more likely to go full term. I have to be 37 weeks in order to give birth at the birthing center. So, I am hoping to make it to June 16th AT LEAST which is 37 weeks.
In other news, we have decided on a new nickname for this baby. We just can't call it the "little bubba" any longer, so we have decided to call him the "Bro", giving us Bubba & the Bro. The Bro is measuring right on schedule, and his heartbeat sounded great today. I really can't wait to introduce the Bubba to his Bro.
There is lots of other family news to report. I have signed Jackson up for two exciting things. The first is SWIMMING lessons! Justin and Jackson will start swimming lessons on July 8th and I am VERY excited. I have also signed Jackson up for a Child's Day Out program that begins in the fall. What this means is that beginning in September, every Wednesday Jackson will attend a local pre-school program for 1-2 year olds from 9am-1pm. There will be 9 children in his class with 3 instructors. This is a really good happy medium for us. Jackson will get one day of school-like socialization and separation from mommy & daddy and mommy & daddy will get time to spend one on one with the Bro.
In other family news, as I am sure you have read below, we purchased a new car. We bought it on payday and yes, we had saved a pretty good amount of money, but the last few hundred came out of our most recent paychecks putting us at pretty near broke until the next paycheck comes. So, we are on a serious budget as a result. The good news is that Justin sold the Volvo that has been not functional and sitting in the alley way out back since summer 2006 for a whopping $200 CASH to a dude who came by the house asking about it (which means we did NO WORK to sell the car, the buyer came to us). So, our experiment is to live for 10 days on the 10 twenty dollar bills this dude gave us. We are on day 4 and its going GREAT! We are definitely coming in under budget every day. Its been really fun.
We are about to dive full force into getting our home ready for the Bro. We had some gift certificates to home depot left over from Christmas, so we went and got some paint for Jackson's new room (he is moving into what is now the playroom and the bro will move into what is now the Bubba's bedroom). We're doing a Dr. Suess room, the walls will be blue and Nana is working on some red, white, and yellow, and maybe some green curtains. Still on our list of things to acquire for our new arrangement are: A new crib, a new dresser for the bubba (the bro will take the dresser/changing table currently in the nursery), and a pack-n-play (because the Bro will spend the first few months in our room with us). We did go to some used furniture stores the other day looking for dressers for Jackson but came home empty handed. We'll keep looking though, I really am ready to get all of those newborn clothes folded and into place. I have definitely reached supreme nesting mode.
Keep voting for names on our name poll. We are definitely getting closer to making a decision as we are getting more and more excited for the little Bro to make his grand entrance. Please keep us in your thoughts, we wish for nothing more than a healthy baby and a smooth delivery.
i think you should probably move into the ronald mcdonald house just in case.
ReplyDelete