4.11.2009

The Bubba's First Easter

When I was a little girl, my mom taught me how to make a Bunny cake. Its the only shaped cake that I know how to make. It doesn't require a special pan or anything and its pretty easy. Now, those who know me know that I am not the most artistic person in the world, and decorating a cake is kind of a skill, and I don't really have it. So, this is my best shot at decorating a bunny cake. I think I did alright. The bowtie looks a little big, but that is partly because the angle at which I took the photo. I made the cake for myself obviously since Jackson doesn't really eat cake and to bring it with us to an Easter Egg Hunt we went to this afternoon. My cake seemed to be an alright addition to the Easter spread, but couldn't quite compete with Debbie's cheesecake Easter baskets. I wish I had taken a picture of those because they were awesome! We began our day by heading out to run some errands this morning, as we drove by City Park I noticed that there were HUNDREDS of people there for an Easter Egg hunt. I thought, "how could I not have known about this huge Egg Hunt TWO BLOCKS away from my house?". When I got home, I googled it and could not find a SHRED of evidence on the interwebs about this Egg Hunt. So, I think I have decided that I am going to have to break down and PAY to have the local paper delivered to my house as it is not available (in any useful form) online.

While Jackson napped, I finished decorating the bunny cake that I had begun work on yesterday. When he woke up, Justin took him to the park, where apparently Jackson threw a fit because there were OTHER KIDS on the swings that he uses! So, they waited their turn and Jackson had a blast on the swings. After they came home, I went to the Garden store to pick up some flowers and veggies for the garden. We are addding two things to our garden this year that we have not traditionally grown, they are okra, and spinach. I don't know how long we can make the spinach work before it gets too hot, but of course, when it gets too hot for the spinach, that will be when the okra really takes off.

I got home from the garden store just in time to head out for the Easter Egg hunt at a Friend's house and it was great fun even though Jackson isn't very good at hunting for eggs.He enjoyed himself all the same.We dressed up in a pretty cute but not quite too Eastery outfit for the affair.

Jackson has been having so much fun walking and holding onto just one hand. I keep thinking that he is close to walking, but in reality he pretty much has no balance at all.Yesterday he crashed pretty hard, head straight into the wood floor. But he has definitely recovered nicely. We have also adjusted his crib to be a low as possible to minimize any risk that he could fall out of it.

At the Easter egg hunt, a friend was there with her 7 week old. As she was changing her diaper, Jackson became slightly intrigued by the tiny baby, so I let him get kind of close to her. He did try to stick his finger in her eye, but all in all, I think he'll be a pretty good big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment