4.06.2009

PB & J and maybe a word

Today was a big day. I had decided that today would be the day we would start peanut butter. I wanted to do it on a Monday as opposed to over the weekend because then the Dr. would be available if Jackson had an allergic reaction. So, while he was having his morning nap I decided to do some research. I wanted to familiarize myself with the symptoms of an allergic reaction just in case. Well, when I googled "peanut allergy symptoms", I almost had a heart attack after reading. I always knew this was a particularly dangerous allergy but I was particularly concerned that Jackson would be unable to communicate many of them to me. For instance, how am I supposed to know if his tongue is numb? Well, I did some more reading and decided that we were going to try peanut butter for lunch today no matter what. Well Jackson LOVED IT: And what was even more cute was that after he gobbled up his PB&J and his banana, he started dropping pieces on the floor and saying "Uh-oh". I would say "Uh-Oh" back to him and he would repeat it. This is really his first attempt at verbal communication and its pretty exciting. its also really exciting that he is mimicking us, because that is a CRUCIAL developmental cue and also a clue that your kid doesn't have Autism (which parent of a son would be stupid not to look out for since recent statistics indicate that one in every 150 boys is on the spectrum).

Other exciting Jackson news, well we went to the grocery store this afternoon and usually I carry him into the store and put him in the cart, but this time I held his hand and let him WALK into the store! He was so excited, and it was pretty cute. He was way into the automatic doors.

I am 27 weeks pregnant today. Its beginning to get a little intense. The little guy moves all the time and that's pretty cool. But sleeping is getting a little more uncomfortable and I am finding that my back hurts more this time than it did when I was pregnant with Jackson. I'm going to get a prenatal massage in the next couple of weeks.

After my next appointment at the Birth Center, we will start to go every two weeks instead of once a month. I'll also have the glucose test next week to see if I am developing gestational diabetes. The countdown is definitely on and there is a lot of work to do. I am going to try to be more diligent about blogging as the end draws near.

2 comments:

  1. We need a new survey on what his first word will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really cute about walking into the store. hes gonna love the new bubba.

    ReplyDelete