This week Justin was out of town for a couple of days and I had time to just totally engross myself in Jackson. We had a fantastic time together, loading him up in the backpack (ergo baby) and hiking around town, hanging out at home, going to the park, etc. Its a fairly simple life and I am completely content with it.
I left home on Friday morning for the weekend and I was able to do so with confidence and excitement for Justin having the weekend to spend by himself with Jackson, reveling in all of the laughter and funniness that comes along with hanging out with a 7 month old.
A couple of months ago, something tragic happened to some very dear friends of ours, completely disrupting their lives. Justin and I kept asking each other how we would be able to go on if our lives were seriously disrupted? One day, Justin just decided that we would be able to still experience pure happiness through Jackson, no matter what happened to us, financially, professionally, or otherwise. Jackson is just a happy guy, regardless of what is going on in the big bad world, it is like he is immune to those things that can bring us down like war, the economy, or the election, all we have to do is look at him and he smiles and laughs and as a result, so do we.
We are indeed, very very lucky to have him in our lives.
This week, Jackson has made a few truly great discoveries. He has discovered that burping and farting are in fact hilarious. On Wednesday, he let out a huge burp and just burst out laughing, and I couldn't help but laugh with him. He also has decided that he is seriously psyched when he farts. If anyone really knows Justin and I, you are probably aware that we have long thought the funniest things in life are bodily functions.
In other general Jackson news, here's a shot of he and I during his first ever haircut. This was another experience that was super fun. Everyone in the Salon was so into Jackson and the owner took pictures of us the whole time. They even called me before his appointment to make sure I brought my camera with me. He kept trying to grab the scissors and the comb, and we just all laughed at him hysterically.
While it is nice to be in Vegas for the weekend, I cannot wait to get home to my smiley guys.
loved this post. i can't believe he's gotten his hair cut and how big he is. i'm so happy that you're so happy :)
ReplyDelete