After the party, yup, it was a morning party and I think there is no better way to start your day than with a party. We came home and Jackson took a nap. Then we discovered that there were several events converging in Aggieville and we had to go. Not only is it the weekend before Halloween, but it is also Homecoming weekend (I don't know if you all caught us giving up 55 points in the first half vs. OU, it was a record for the MOST points OU has ever scored in a single half). Seeing as it is Halloween/Homecoming, there was an afternoon parade in Aggieville, but at the same time all the businesses were handing out candy. So, hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of small children were all dressed in their costumes trick-or-treating in Aggieville. We saw some quite fantastic costumes, a little girl dressed as a peacock and my personal favorite was this little 2-3 year old boy dressed as a UPS man.
And by the way, where have all the homemade costumes gone. Seriously, these cheap-o store bought costumes have got to go. They are not creative and sometimes I wonder how quickly people want their 3-5 year old girls to grow up. Since when is "sexy mermaid" an appropriate costume for a 4 year old?
In other news, Jackson got a new toy yesterday that is pretty exciting. My mom insisted that he needed a walker. I had thought and read about it. It seems sometime between when I was a kid and now walkers have been deemed unsafe. I even read some articles that said it was difficult to find one in the US. Apparently, kids fall down stairs cruising around in their walkers. I kind of didn't want one because I was afraid he'd go barreling through the house destroying everything in his path and as long as we could prevent that, the better. Anyways, Justin loved my mom's idea and I was overruled. Yesterday his new walker arrived and its pretty cool. It has a steering wheel and it plays songs like "I've been working on the railroad". You can also take the play tray off and put snacks on the tray, so all in all its actually very cool. Jackson was chillin' in the walker while I made dinner last night.
what is bubba going to be for halloween?
ReplyDelete