10.21.2008

Fall is here!

Now that October is almost over, fall has arrived in Manhattan, KS (FINALLY!). With cooler temperatures we are getting used to bundling the Bubba up a little more than before. I'm personally pretty excited for his new fleece baby snowsuit to arrive and how absolutely adorable he looks in hats.

The fall semester is rolling forward and we're now close to finishing up the fall debate season. I think Jackson had a good time at the two debate tournaments he went to with us, but in the end I think he is pretty glad to be home.

It seems like everyone we know who has kids has taken their kids to a pumpkin patch, we are being bombarded with photos of people's kids in pumpkin patches and I for one am feeling behind the curve on this one. I don't even know if there is a pumpkin patch anywhere around here.

Jackson is doing great in all areas, he doesn't crawl yet but we are ok with that because we are not quite ready to chase him around the house. He also does not have any teeth yet, and we keep thinking that he is teething but every time we check his gums, there is nothing there. After the tofu disaster in which he totally hated it and almost choked to death on what I thought was the tiniest piece of tofu we are still pretty much sticking to bottles of formula for the little guy. He does drink water out of a sippy cup and he also eats Baby Mum Mum's which are like rice crackers that dissolve in his mouth. We also put food in the Sassy Baby Teething Feeder which he LOVES. You put food inside the netting and he sucks it through. This way he doesn't choke and he gets to taste lots of food. It is also way better than going through the effort to make your own babyfood, most of which you would just throw away anyways. He loves it when we put bananas in it and this weekend we tried green beans and grapes, both of which he loved. I really don't think he cares what we put in it, he just likes the act of sucking on it. I also think he likes rubbing the texture of the netting on his gums.

Jackson's high chair is quite possibly the coolest high chair ever. It adjusts to almost any height so, we can set him up right at the dining room table with us to eat. here's a good shot of hum munching on some snacks the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment