
Today we woke up, took a bath and put on our Dr. Suess outfit that Jane sent Jackson. Then we went to the Birthing Center in Topeka for our 6-week check up. Mostly it was a check up for me. I was weighed today for the first time in four weeks and I was kind of dissapointed at the progress I have made losing weight. But as Justin says, I might actually have to break a sweat to get back to normal. It was really nice to see our Midwife Emily again. Emily had been our primary caregiver at the birthing center, but was unable to attend Jackson's birth because she was out of town at a conference. So I was excited for her to meet Jackson. He did really well at the birthing center, he just chilled on a mat on the floor. Emily and I sat on the floor and played with him while she asked me all sorts of questions. We were there for about an hour and he was awake, alert and friendly. He even smiled several times. I have to say that I was kind of sad to leave the birthing center. Over the last few months, I have felt so comfortable there and really enjoyed going regularly, talking with people who have similar views as us, and just the regular happenings of the center. Today there was a baby being born for instance and it was really kind of sad to think that we won't be around there anymore.
After we were done at the birthing center, Jackson and I did a little bit of shopping. I went to look for shirts for myself. I have thrown in the towel on buying pants. I am going to make due with what I have until I reach a more reasonable size. This was my first shopping excursion with Jackson by myself. I am actually pretty afraid that he will throw a fit in a store as he has yet to do so. I ended up not finding any shirts, but I did buy a one piece bathing suit for the immediate future. I don't know if there are any bikinis in my future.
We came home from our trip to Topeka and Justin had just returned home from work.

Jackson woke up and we all played for a little bit. Max came over for some croquet and then Justin, Jackson and I headed to the grocery store. Once again, I was hesitant because I am afraid he will lose it in the middle of the grocery store but then I thought about it and decided that eventually we were going to need to go grocery shopping, so we'd better do it now. And, once again everything was fine and he slept the whole time.
So, I guess in the last couple of days I have learned that Jackson is better tempered than I thought, he is totally sociable and its not like he wants to throw a fit at an inopportune time. Maybe I will get more adventurous in the next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment