1.16.2008

The home stretch begins

With only 8 weeks until the bubba's arrival we have gotten quite a bit accomplished, but there is still much to do.

We are moving our guest room into what used to be our "office" (read: junk storage room) in the basement. We have now officially turned the guest room into the bubba room.

Here's how it went down:

Justin painted the bubba room:


Then he put together the crib:


And the changing table:


And thanks to a large package from my cousin Olivia that included all of the clothes her son doesn't fit into anymore, we now have a full dresser and need another one- and he isn't even here yet!

Then we got these really cool leaf canopies that add nice dimension to the room:



You can also see the new blinds that we put on the windows too! I think they look pretty nice.



We want to put frogs all over the room too, and get some curtains and bedding for the crib. We also have to move the futon that is currently in there to its new home in the new guest room and get a new chair. We will probably also get some sort of shelving for the bubba room as well. There just doesn't seem to be enough storage space.

I also got a new sewing machine from my mom! And it's been a while since I made that floppy bunny in 7th grade, but I am figuring out how to sew again. I started simple and got a pattern for what I call a sleeping bag with sleeves. I found some cute flannel fabric and made this-



There is still a lot of housework to do, before we can finish the new guest room in the basement:

It needs to be painted- we're going with light blue which I am excited about. We are also planning on getting new floors in the basement. So tomorrow I will start making calls to contractors about ripping up our carpet, getting new carpet on the stairs, tile in the bathroom, and laminate wood in the rest of the basement.

Once all of this is accomplished, I plan on making a curtain for the guest room and some throw pillows for the bed in there. right now it all kind of seems impossible. But I have confidence that we can do it!

8 comments:

  1. I think you are displaying classic nesting behavior. Don't stress yourself out too much with getting everything perfect before the baby comes, he won't know the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frogs?
    They certainly are green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SEWED! How awesome is that! Project Runway here comes Sarah Jane Green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i love the bag. that was my favorite sleeping item for B when he was teeny. easy diaper changing at night if need be. the room also looks awesome. i love the canopies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. everything looks so awesome. y'all are being so productive. i miss you and wish i was there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea sj, the room and the sleeping bag look great! how cool is it that you have picked up sewing? very!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on the sleeping bag! It looks perfect. Brad got me a sewing machine, but it remains unused. Although I am knitting pants for Brody.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rooms looks great...now about the hardwood in the basement....hire help!

    ReplyDelete