1.31.2008

34 Weeks


We made another trip to the Birthing Center yesterday for an appointment yesterday, this was the 34 week check-up. Everything seems to be going fine. My glucose levels and blood pressure are normal, so I seem to be doing well. We go again at 36 weeks at which time we will have the Group B Beta Strep test. If I test positive for this bacteria, it just means that I will be given antibiotics during labor, no big deal really.

The photo here is one we had done at about 29 weeks, but it finally arrived in the mail yesterday! This is a pretty bad scanning job of the photo, but we like this one.

Chaos has broken out in the basement. First, Justin and Max did a fantastic job of ripping out all of the old carpeting. And when the contractor came he took the appropriate measurements to see how much cement he would need to lay to make the floors level. Then he had to pour hydrochloric acid all over the floor to get the glue from the previous carpet off. So, we vacated the house for about 24 hours so we didn't inhale the toxins. The smell is gone now though and all is well. Clearly we had a couple of structural issues that needed to be dealt with as well, because he had to rip out the drywall between the tv room and the office/new guest room in order to ensure that all of our support beams were in fact attached to both the ceiling and the floor. I think he has rectified that at this point, and maybe in the next couple of days he will actually begin laying cement. I would be happy to see some progress on that front!

So, that's about all the news we have. Bubba room is on hold until the basement is done, because we are currently storing a bunch of basement stuff in the Bubba room. We go to our last debate tournament of the year this weekend which should also be exciting, and then we'll settle in and finish home projects while we wait for the Bubba to arrive!

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture! You look amazing. :) That is so exciting that you get to meet the little one so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe there is space for him to grow for several more weeks???? I remember feeling like a blimp. Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do? Don't worry, you will need any extra weight to make breast milk. I am already within a pound of my pre-pregnancy weight. No dieting needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,

    I keep looking at the three names and have decided that he'll always be Bubba to me.

    Love Uncle Barney

    ReplyDelete