2.19.2008

37 Weeks = "Full Term"


The medical community has agreed that at 37 weeks, a fetus is considered full term and if labor begins after this point, they won't try to stop it. Today marks the 37th week of pregnancy and technically the Bubba could come any time. But, I don't really think the Bubba will be coming any time soon. Although, the waiting is definitely making time drag on for ever and I would feel a lot better if the Bubba came sooner rather than later.

There are pros and cons to the Bubba coming sooner or later, including: the basement not being done yet; the bubba room not being done yet; and having not really made arrangements for the bubba to sleep for the first few weeks (i.e. we have no bassinet). Impatience is the only thing that makes me want the Bubba to come early- I am a bad waiter; I also would like the Bubba to arrive before my mom comes to visit on March 13th because I'd like her to get to spend as much quality time as possible with the Bubba. But almost everyone I know who has not been induced early has had their babies 1-2 weeks late. So, I am prepared to wait, if I must.

This weekend the debaters threw a shower for me, it was really nice. Bonuses of the shower include that there were lots of leftover yummy foods, like some Gouda cheese and some spinach dip that really have made the last couple of days incredibly pleasant. There were lots of gifts involved and, well presents are always really fun. They also put together a super cute and funny book of parenting advice for each year of the Bubba's life. I thought that was pretty cool.

Yesterday, I washed all of the Bubba's clothes and sorted them by size. I got some dividers for the closet that demarcate clothes by age/size 3mos, 6mos, 9mos, etc. I hung up all of the clothes that were not newborn clothes, and this definitely freed up some space in the dresser that was totally overflowing.

Justin's dad called last night to say that he is going to come up for the weekend to help Justin with the basement. This is really exciting because it means not only that Justin will have some help, but also that he'll get to spend some quality time with his dad- something he doesn't get to do as often as he'd like.

Tomorrow we make another weekly trip to the Birthing Center. At this point, its all about making sure my blood pressure is stable so we can let things progress naturally.

Hopefully I'll have time to update later on this week.

2 comments:

  1. The last few weeks are like those long, "Are we there yet?" car trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only bed he really needs is you. Head on your chest, belly to belly. It is very safe this way because your breathing will always stimulate his.

    ReplyDelete