School is over and the baking has begun. Here you can see my Cranberry Pear Tart! It looks gorgeous and its actually one of the easiest things I know how to bake. The prep took all of 10 minutes and then it went in the oven for about 50 minutes. It is fantastic. I think I'll be making more of these creative tarts in the future! Also on the baking agenda- over 100 bon bons! Thanks aunt Mary for the fantastic bon bon recipe. I know you don't use the coconut, but I do and I think they taste great. I might even make 100 more today once I go pick up some more graham cracker crumbs. I think it is safe to say that the nesting phase of pregnancy has officially begun and I for one am totally psyched about it.
This weekend is the weekend we had set aside to begin work on the Bubba room. We'll see just how motivated justin is to begin work once he peels himself out of the oh so comfy bed that he is still sleeping in. Our plan for now is to paint it a light tan/khaki color and then to use green accents. We are inspired by this leafy canopy thing we found at Ikea and I think if there is a theme to the room, its vegetation. We're hoping for green vines and leaves to adorn the accents of the room, like the draperies and the bedding. We have almost all of the furniture now, it just needs to be put together.
A great package from my mom yesterday included more H&M maternity gear! So, that is pretty exciting.
On other fronts. I am defending my thesis on Wednesday and my name officially appeared in the Graduation program at the ceremony yesterday, so I will have an M.A. by the end of the week and I will be glad to put schooling behind me, if not for good, at least for a good time.
We're headed to Houston next Monday to get our holidays on even more. And I am wondering what type of decorations come after Christmas ones- do I go straight to Valentine's in January? I'm pretty hooked on this decoration thing since its been halloween, Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas. I don't want to wait until October for more decorating. Your opinions would be great on this front.
You can leave up the winter decorations until Jan 6 (the end of the twelve days of Christmas). Then, Presidents day (if you are crazy), Valentines day, St. Patrick's day, Easter... my mom decorated for every holiday on the calander.
ReplyDelete-Sarah S.
Valentine schmalentine...next holiday after Christmas is obviously Mardi Gras!
ReplyDeleteyea for defending the thesis! that is awesome and i am so glad you are able to be done with it. that tart looks awesome
ReplyDeleteWow, Sarah, I admire you for finishing your thesis. I wish you the best on Wednesday. I'm sure you will do fantastic. That tart is pretty impressive too.
ReplyDeleteCongrat's on your MA!
ReplyDeleteCan I have your tart recipe?
As for decorations, I am pretty sure that between Jan. 6 and V-Day you are allowed to use snowflakes and just generic 'wintery' decorations.
So Sarah!! To whom should I send these bon bons? I think Zack et all may be the lucky recipients! HoHo! Enjoy the grapefruit!
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Mary.
January is:
ReplyDelete* National Blood Donor Month
* National Braille Literacy Month
* National Hobby Month
* Hot Tea Month
* National Oatmeal Month
* National Soup Month
Decorations? I'm not sure but I believe you can think of something, soup month seems pretty promising to me.
Yes, yes the tart looks terrific...but, what about the bon-bons? I need a fix!
ReplyDeletei'm leaving my blue lights and white snowflake lights up for a while ... if the snow falls, the 'christmas' lights can stay up. plus my neighborhood goes crazy for that shizzle. i bet you can find some fun wintery snowman type things to decorate with before mardi gras comes around. unless you and justin are into all the valentines hearts and shit.
ReplyDelete