9.13.2007

top ten GOOD things about being pregnant

So, last night was a long tirade about how being pregnant sucks. And there are two sides to the coin I suppose and some really good things about being pregnant.

10. Vivid Dreams- I didn't dream very much before I was pregnant, so the nightly adventures are nice. I have dreamed about parties with friends that I don't see very often, vacations in exotic places and the BABY- the baby has twice been a boy and once a girl in my dreams.

9. Beer tastes terrible- this is a good thing- it saves money, I did spend a lot of money on Beer. I can also be sure that my growing belly is indeed not a beer gut.

8. Shopping! Yup, I get to buy all sorts of cool things- cute maternity clothes and all sorts of stuff for the baby. Although this likely offsets any money we may be saving on beer.

7. I can eat whatever I want- hopefully soon things will taste good agian and I can totally pig out. But in the meantime- Justin can't really be upset about my daily trips to Panera because its the only thing I can eat.

6. My family is really excited for me, and I'm pretty excited for them. Our parents will be grandparents for the first time and I am excited to make grandparenthood a reality for them.

5. I eat breakfast now! I never ate breakfast before. I am definitely leading a more healthy lifestyle than ever before.

4. No cleaning the cat litter! I am not allowed to clean the cat litter due to risk of Taxoplasmosis which can kill the baby. So, Justin is stuck with that chore for quite some time.

3. Big boobs! I have always had the tineiest boobs-I don't even know what it is like for a bra to be too small. Pregnancy offers an opportunity to see how the other side lives. And, I am sure when my breasts return to their previous size, I will have a greater appreciation for my little boobs.

2. Quitting smoking- while difficult is a neccessity during pregnancy and here's to hoping that when the pregnancy is all said and done, so will be my smoking habit!

1. Umm, did I mention we are having a baby? And in my dream last night it was a completely perfect baby that was really really cute!

1 comment: