9.12.2007

A new blog for a new life!


We've decided to go public with my pregnancy now that we're officially out of the first trimester. Yesterday marked 14 weeks of pregnancy.

I have to admit that it hasn't been as wonderful so far as I thought it would be. You'll have to excuse me while I rant and complain a little bit about it- but this blog can't just be about the good things, while I hope it will be, it will also serve as an outlet for me to vent some of my pregnancy frustrations of which there are many. Here are my top ten complaints so far about pregnancy:

10- for someone like me who doesn't take any pills on a regular basis, it is actually difficult for me to remember to take my prenatal vitamins-and when I do remember I puke them up pretty immediately so I wonder if they are even doing any good at all.

9- I have become a social leper- those around me have already heard this complaint. BP (Before Pregnancy), I was very social, I went out to the bars quite a bit and my house was a hub of social activity- people came here to drink and hang out with us- now nobody calls me to see what I am doing tonight and nobody wants to come over to my house because it's not like there will be a spontaneous outbreak of drinking games.

8- I can't sleep through the whole night. I am usually up from 4-5am, sometimes I get up because I have to pee. Other times, I just wake up and can't get back to sleep.

7- I fall asleep in the middle of the day. Its ok on days that I don't have to teach, but its not okay to be tired on days when I have to actually function all day long.

6- Secrets SUCK! for a long time we didn't really tell people that I was pregnant. This totally blew. How can it be real, and how am I suppossed to be excited without sharing it with people?

5- I found out that daycare at K-State even with a faculty discount is almost $1000.00/month! If anyone knows a nanny I can hire for Tuesday & Thursdays- hook me up because I am sure it will be cheaper than daycare! And another thing- the only daycare option here is to pay for 5 days a week because there is such a high demand in this small community.

4- My underwear are actually getting tight - try cutting off your circulation right where your leg meets your hip- It sucks- worse than a perma wedgie-

3- Pregnancy PARANOIA- so, there are lots on online communities for pregnant women- at first this seemed like a good idea- I fund a message board for women due in March like me. The majority of what I have learned on this message board is as folows- Never eat a samndwich- it won't make you sick, but it can kill your baby- cease eating the cheeses you love (feta, blue cheese, gouda, etc)- it will kill your baby - Penuts can make your kid allergic to penuts which would be devstating in this houshold where the kid will have to live with a vegan who eats penuts more than kids eat candy- fish has murcury and will kill your kid- and a ton of other stuff- pregnancy paranoia extends to- don't stretch your arms over your head, it will cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck (my baby doesn't even have a neck yet) and kill it- you get the idea.

2- I had to quit taking my allergy medicine- this has meant I have been extra stuffed up- along with an increase in mucuous production that comes along with pregnancy- and extra cranky- Justin is not exactly sympathetic to my 3 month sinus disaster.

1- everything, and I mean everything tastes like crap- all I ever want to eat is Broccoli cheese soup from Panera bread with a baguette. I hate things I used to love- Chipotle, spaghetti sauce, coffee, WATER, chocolate (which by the way is bad for the baby), cereal, milk, donuts, chips, vegetables. I mean it all sucks- breathing tastes like total ass. I can go to the grocery store and literally not find a single thing that is appealing to me.

Ok, I feel better writing this list and tomorrow I am going to work on the top ten things that are GOOD about being pregnant- there are some things that are good and exciting.

That's all for now-hope you will enjoy following my pregnancy with me.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Now I can tell people.
    I'll keep reading.

    potential grand dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will get better! I was the same with my first and that is why I am SURE you are having a girl.=)
    I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being about to read about Baby Green now that I'm gone and never come back! I hear the next few months will be the best of your life

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is some great stuff. i think justin should do one too. it just get better each month you should do a mode of your tummy with yall hand prints it is cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea! this is great. i'm going to check it all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baby will be very special just like the two of you. Start reading to baby right now in the womb- baby can hear at 4 mos.@. Start with the Tibetan Book of The Dead which, by the way takes many reincarnations to understand in depth. Seriously, there's a lot of convincing research that reading to your womb is a very good thing regardless of how silly you feel reading to your tummy!

    Have to comment on reincarnation- it's not a rationalization for anything because as the baby picked you- you, also, picked the baby. Meaning that the baby's lessons to learn are your lessons to learn as well.

    Sarah you're getting really booby already momas. Being a member of the tiny tittie club I remember how nice it was to know how actual boobs felt until I tried to run.

    Compliments on taking care of yourself- the aged cheeses and unpasteurized stuff are best to avoid, but remember the VAST majority of babies are born perfectly! You'll always hear the worst things while pregnant. You can tweak pregnancy into a virtual wedgie or you can keep a balance of wisdom and intuition- baby will tell you and you will tell baby that's the dance of nature and spirit-enjoy!

    A word for papas- it helps if you remember it's your pregnancy too- abstainance around mamas is a good thing- it's only 9 mos.

    Hoping for world peace and making room in my heart for Bubba! Love, Dorothy

    ReplyDelete