Today was a busy day and one in which we learned some things. It was -8 degrees when we woke up this morning. Levi has had a cold for the last couple of days so I decided that he should stay in at least until it warmed up a little bit. Justin and Jackson headed out to the grocery store while Levi and I stayed home and made bon bons and magic cookie bars. When they came home Justin announced that today was the day we absolutely HAD to get a new bed. We had agreed a while ago that we would forgo exchanging Christmas presents with each other and instead we would invest in a new bed. We've been looking at beds for a while now and decided to get one today. I remember vividly, Gordie and Justin the day we moved into the house, when they brought our queen sized bed upstairs into our bedroom exclaiming that it was NEVER coming out because it had been so difficult to get into the room. But we are determined now that we need a king sized bed. The furniture store had asked us to measure the doorway, we did so and they agreed to try to bring a king sized bed into our house. But before they could do that, Justin had to call in reinforcements to get the old bed downstairs to the guest room. Just as Joe arrived to assist Justin in this venture, Jackson woke up from a nap. And here lies the lesson of the day. Jackson was upset that Justin was occupied moving furniture, and I had just made Magic Cookie Bars, so I decided to give him one. Then he was so cute I gave him the other half of mine. When it was all said and done he ate more than his fair share of Magic Cookie Bars. He was just too cute shoving them into his mouth. I tried to give him yogurt after that and he scoffed at it as if it was poison. You know there is something wrong when Jackson doesn't want yogurt, it may just be his favorite food ever. Then, the new bed arrived and once we were sure it fit in the room we decided to all go out and buy new bedding because all of the bedding we have is queen size. We printed out our coupons and got our Bed Bath & Beyond gift card that we have been sitting on since May and headed to the store. We were successful in purchasing new bedding. We came home, ate dinner and put Jackson to bed..........this is when I began to realize the cookie mistake I had made earlier in the day. Jackson was just too hyped up to go to bed. We let him fuss for a little while and then got him up again to play. So here it is, 10pm and Jackson is full of energy reading books as I type. Oh well, he'll fall asleep eventually. But tomorrow, NO MORE COOKIES!
No comments:
Post a Comment