Today was another busy day filled with some fun, but mostly the mundane tasks that come along with running a household that includes a baby and a toddler. We began the day a bit slow today. Levi woke up at about 5:45, it is as if he can tell the moment the humidifier runs out of water and needs to be refilled. I tried to feed him to get him to go back to sleep, and failed. Luckily Justin was able to get him to go back to sleep. We slept until 9am and it was glorious.
Once everyone was bathed and dressed we headed out to Target for some diapers and other various household items. Naptime followed as soon as we got home and this continues to be my favorite part of the day. Sometimes I feel like I should use this time to be productive, do some sort of "deep cleaning" that you just can't do when the kids are awake but I much prefer to spend this time relaxing.
After naps, we took Levi to the Dr. He's had a cough for almost a week now and Justin and I are both incredibly fearful of the dreaded Croup. The Dr. assured us that Levi's lungs sounded awesome and told us what to be looking out for. Then we went to get the boys' photos taken (at Sears because it is ridiculously cheap- as is the final product, but who cares right?). After Sears, we went to the pizza joint next door because Mondays are 50 cent beer days. We taught Jackson to say "pizza" but we were once again unable to get him to eat it. Although we feel as if we are making progress on this front. It is very difficult for me to understand why a toddler would dislike pizza so much without ever trying it. But he continues to say "no" when we offer him pizza. Justin and I each enjoyed a 50 cent beer with our Pizza and Jackson enjoyed a couple of garlic knots.
The highlight of the day by a long shot was Jackson learning to say "Awesome" here he is having an "awesome" time with Daddy & Levi.
And here is Jackson assuring us that he knows how to say "Awesome"Once everyone was bathed and dressed we headed out to Target for some diapers and other various household items. Naptime followed as soon as we got home and this continues to be my favorite part of the day. Sometimes I feel like I should use this time to be productive, do some sort of "deep cleaning" that you just can't do when the kids are awake but I much prefer to spend this time relaxing.
After naps, we took Levi to the Dr. He's had a cough for almost a week now and Justin and I are both incredibly fearful of the dreaded Croup. The Dr. assured us that Levi's lungs sounded awesome and told us what to be looking out for. Then we went to get the boys' photos taken (at Sears because it is ridiculously cheap- as is the final product, but who cares right?). After Sears, we went to the pizza joint next door because Mondays are 50 cent beer days. We taught Jackson to say "pizza" but we were once again unable to get him to eat it. Although we feel as if we are making progress on this front. It is very difficult for me to understand why a toddler would dislike pizza so much without ever trying it. But he continues to say "no" when we offer him pizza. Justin and I each enjoyed a 50 cent beer with our Pizza and Jackson enjoyed a couple of garlic knots.
The highlight of the day by a long shot was Jackson learning to say "Awesome" here he is having an "awesome" time with Daddy & Levi.
No comments:
Post a Comment