10.03.2009

Busy weekend

Fall has officially arrived and we are embracing it big time. Yesterday we had a busy day, we woke up, had breakfast, got bundled up and the kids accompanied me on an 8am walk to my office so I could get some things I had left there on Thursday and touch base with some people about some things. Then we went to the park. It was really windy. A bunch of my friends complained yesterday that their kids freaked out about the wind and had meltdowns. Jackson thinks the wind is the funniest thing ever. He laughs at it and its really cute. Levi just snuggled up to me in the Beco and passed out. We came home for a nap. I actually woke Jackson up from his nap early so we could go to a playdate at a friend's house in the afternoon. By the time we got home at 5, everyone was tired so we did dinner and bed time. I even got some adult visitors in the form of Cade & Ariel in the evening and that was nice.

Today was intense, we got up, ate breakfast and packed up to go to Topeka for the day. We met up with my friend Sarah and went to the Farmer's Market. Jackson began to have a mini-meltdown at the market, so we fixed that with a "Ranger Cookie"- these are delicious, oatmeal, rasin, cranberry, coconut, walnut cookies. He quickly dug into his cookie and the meltdown was averted.After the farmer's market where Sarah bought okra and green beans and I got ranger cookies and Banana Walnut cake, we went out to lunch and then to Old Navy- which is a serious treat for us because we don't have one in Manhattan and it is like the only place to find affordable boy clothes without teddy bears or "mommy's little all star" all over them. After our trip to Old Navy, we proceeded to go to this pumpkin patch which we really thought would be very exciting. At this point, we were clearly skipping Jackson's usual 3-4 hour nap and he was not too excited about the pumpkin patch. We tried to get a photo of him in front of some pumpkins, but he didn't want anything to do with those photos. So, Levi and I stepped in:Notice that in Kansas, a pumpkin patch is really just a bunch of pumpkins shipped in a placed in some grass.

They had a corn teepee:Jackson also enjoyed the playground:then the camera ran out of batteries so we have no photos of the pig races, or the hayride. Better luck next time on that one. By the time we got home, we were all completely out of it. At least the boys had the luxury of sleeping the whole drive home, I had to stay awake! The boys had dinner and went to bed, and I treated myself to a bubble bath and I'm about to enjoy some Banana Walnut cake. It looks delicious.

The weekend has been so busy already, I can't believe its not over yet.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to visit a different pumpkin patch. Pumpkins do grow in Kansas--you can find something a bit more authentic! Are you coming to Britt's Farm on Oct 12?

    ReplyDelete