Once again, Jackson sat in his special chair that George got for him. I am happy to report that Jackson is slowly but surely getting over his fears of the crowd cheering. he did not cry every time the crowd cheered, this time he actually crawled around the game and was quite a social butterfly. At Saturday afternoon's game, there were several other children his age sitting near us and Jackson had a great time playing with them. We even met a little red-headed girl about Jackson's age and they were very cute together. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera and I am reliant on photos others took of the games this weekend to use here on the blog. Today, was mother's day and we had a lot to do today. Justin got up early with Jackson to let me sleep in, which I did until 9:30, which was heaven.
For the first time, our debate team decided to host an end of the year, KSU Debate Awards Luncheon. I have been planning this for several weeks and I was very happy with not only how easy it was to plan, but also with how successful the event was. We invited parents and University administrators to attend our awards luncheon which we held at the renovated old Union Pacific Train Depot. We had a catered lunch and topped it off with some nice floral arrangements that we gave to all the mothers in attendance when the event was over.
Jackson skipped his morning nap so we were a little afraid that he would totally melt down at the Luncheon. But he did pretty well. For a little bit during some of the more boring parts of the luncheon we took turns hanging out with him outside, but for the fun parts (the eating), he did just fine. Towards the end, we decided to give him a piece of cake to keep him happy and he loved that idea
Next weekend is another big weekend, We are hosting a graduation/end of the year party for our friends Dan & Meagan who are receiving their Master's degrees followed by the last home game of the regular season for our baseball team vs. KU on Friday and then we are going to Wichita for a wedding on Saturday. School is now officially over for us. We just have to calculate grades and submit them to the registrar and then we can let the vacation begin!
I've made arrangements to have belly pictures taken, but we aren't going to do that until I am good and HUGE around week 36, so it will be a couple more weeks before you get to see the belly pics.
We are also going to the birthing center every two weeks now as there are only 8 weeks left until the due date. At my last appointment the midwife was unable to pinpoint the position of the baby's head, so she said that if they are still unsure after another appointment I will have another ultrasound to confirm whether or not the baby is in the right position. If the baby is not in the right position then we will bring in the Birthing Center's OB (the woman who delivered Jackson) and she will turn him around from the outside. I read a little bit about this procedure, and its about 50% effective. So, we're just going to cross our fingers that the baby gets himself in the right position. If in the end, he is not head down I will not be permitted to deliver at the birthing center, and I will have to deliver in the hospital.
Everyone says that no two pregnancies, and no two birthing experiences are alike, so I just have to keep in mind that is isn't going to be the same as Jackson's delivery. But the fact that my midwife is proactive about the whole situation makes me feel great. And just to take an extra precaution, I scheduled my next appointment with the birthing center's OB so I will get the very best assessment at our next appointment of exactly where the little guy is.
No comments:
Post a Comment