4.22.2009

Summertime is HERE......finally

Today was the first day that it was actually HOT. At 5pm when I pulled in the driveway, the car said it was 88 degrees. The day began with the usual, getting up,brushing our teeth, having breakfast, playing in the playroom and a morning nap. Then I packed a lunch for Jackson, slathered him up with super-duper baby sunscreen at took him to the park to meet with a new playgroup we've been going to on Wednesday's for the last couple of weeks. The park was fun, Jackson played, he kept his sun hat on which was great. Jackson still got sun burned all over his face and arms though, so I think its going to be trying to prevent him from getting too much sun. It's just that fair complexion that he's got.....it is likely inevitable.

He spent the afternoon hanging out with Kyle & Beth (mostly Kyle who is his super-bud) while I ran some errands. But by the end of the day, I had determined that we needed some water fun in the backyard, so I got this mat that fills with water and sprinkles water all over him. We slathered him up again with sunscreen, put on his swim trunks AND his swim shirt (because the kid is so pale he has to wear a swim shirt) and let him get down on the water mat in the backyard. He LOVED IT!

Tomorrow afternoon we are headed to Houston for the weekend to visit Nana & Grandpa. I am sure that there will be more fun in the sun and in the pool for Jackson while we are there. We're pretty excited as this is our last trip as a family of 3.

More updates to come from the Lone Star State!

No comments:

Post a Comment