4.04.2009

Is it spring yet?

Now that the debate season is over, we can settle in and focus on our house. I have been waiting for spring to come and sometimes we get a couple of days of really nice weather only to wake up the next morning and find that it is snowing the next morning. I am increasingly concerned about the "curb appeal" of our home and I am strongly considering calling a landscaper. Justin is awesome, and some days he decides to mow the lawn, but we are lazy and we have not raked our lawn since last spring. Given that, the reality of our situation is a seriously deteriorated lawn space. The task of raking, mowing and preparing our yard for the summer is a HUGE burden and quite frankly, we just don't have the patience or focus to work on the yard for that long. We'd much rather do the fun stuff, like plant flowers and vegetables.

The bushes in the front lawn really need help. They were overgrown, so Justin trimmed them and now there are big brown dead patches. We have discussed getting a landscaper to take take them out (which we are sure will require a back hoe and might also be a process that can damage the front porch).

We are thinking about having the outside of the house painted this spring. But we have no idea what color to paint our house. We are considering just going with the same colors that we have now. We like these colors, and we wouldn't run the risk of painting our house a bad color.

I am seriously stressing our "curb appeal" And all I really want, is a pretty garden with pretty flowers in it.

Justin has now just finished raking, mowing and tilling and has announced that he is not satisfied with the results.........I think a landscaper is definitely in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment