We made it home totally safely without getting pulled over even though we had no license plate on our car. I honestly cannot believe that we drove over a thousand miles with no plates and did not get pulled over. I don't know, maybe police are out furiously fighting "real crimes" or they do absolutely nothing all day.
The last night we were in Minnesota, Jackson and Conner had a blast taking a bath together. Here is a pretty cute photo of that:
We also decided to get Jackson & Conner together to do something that Elizabeth and I once did. When we spent Christmas 1980 in Minneapolis, Elizabeth and I were given drums for Christmas, but we found that we much preferred playing drums with pots and pans to the drums. Here is a photo of us making a total racket on Christmas 1980- I'm on the left and she is on the right:

And here are Jackson and Conner doing the same thing in their new PJ's they each got from Aunt Jinny:
In other news, I am now 13 weeks pregnant. This means the first trimester is technically over. I feel kind of like the first trimester is the netherworld of pregnancy. The risks of miscarriage are at the highest point that they are in any part of pregnancy, so you can't help but worry. You have really no idea what if anything is going on in there because you can't feel anything yet, and the Dr. doesn't really want to see you until you are almost done with the trimester. It is safe to say that you can breathe a sigh of relief at this point, but at the same time you still worry so its not like a full sigh of relief. I don't go back to the birthing center until the 17th, and I hope that the next 16 days fly by until we get to hear the heartbeat again.
Other than being tired, and almost puking after brushing my teeth yesterday, I am feeling pretty good. I get bursts of energy which are good and if I get hungry and don't eat in a timely manner, I get cranky.
At 13 weeks, the little bebe is pretty muche developed. It has fingernails, and eyelids, and this week's big development is finger prints. At this point, its about 3 inches long and weighs almost an ounce. They say its like a "medium shrimp" Here's a visual of that:

Today is the last day of our vacation as we begin our preparations for two back to back tournaments in Dallas before the semester begins again. We'll take Grandma Sally back to the airport on Sunday and I am sure she will be sad and miss Jackson immensely.
Oh, I totally forgot about feeling like you have to puke when brushing your teeth. That sucked, and I'm sorry you're still feeling nauseous.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Kiernan has those green jammies and I think they are adorable. Baxter says she can't wear them after tomorrow because they say Santa on them, which I think is ridiculous.
Sara, I am so excited for you guys and it is so much fun to read your updates. I am thinking of you guys!! :)
ReplyDelete