9.07.2008

SIX MONTHS OLD!

Wow how a half a year really flies by. Friday marked 6 months since Jackson was born. There are definitely lots of things to report.

Jackson is now officially on a schedule that is definitely predictable. I wouldn't go as far as to say that we have a strict schedule, but we have a predictable schedule. This schedule includes 4 bottles/day, 2-3 naps/day and we hope Jackson gets out of the house twice a day, either to run errands with one of us, or a walk to the park or coffee shop. Here is a photo of Jackson swinging on the swings in the park-

Jackson had his first cold this week, and we were compelled for he first time to bring him to the doctor outside of a regular appointment. We were mostly concerned about congestion, and even though he has his 6 month appointment on Monday, we didn't want to go into the weekend without a good measure of how he was doing. So, while I was at the eye doctor on Friday morning, Justin took Jackson to the pediatrician, who basically laughed at him for bringing the kid in with a temperature of 98 degrees. Justin said it took all of his restraint to not tell the doctor that he was there just to appease his wife. Justin came home reporting that the Bubba was healthy and weighed over 17lbs. Which would mean that he has gained ten pounds in six months, which is a hefty amount of weight.

6 months is also the magic number for Justin to take Jackson jogging. It's not really recommended even with a jogging stroller for you to jog with an infant under 6 months old. Something about risk of shaken baby syndrome or something to that extent. Needless to say, today Justin took Jackson out for what must have been a pretty brisk jog because Justin was very sweaty when they returned home, and Jackson was a very happy baby.

As for myself, it is safe to say that I do not look as I had hoped I would 6 months after having a baby, but that is not without saying that I have not really done anything to try to get in shape. So, I am committing now to work on it and to share that experience here on the blog as well.

Regardless of how I look, I feel good, and Jackson and Justin are both happy, so there isn't really any more I could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment