There are so many things to report since the last time. School has started and that means it is time to get Jackson well versed in being a K-State Fan. We attended Purple Power Play on Poyntz, which is an annual two day pep rally that precedes the first game of the season. This event is very kid orientated.

Jackson loves looking at other kids, so anywhere we can take him where he can look at other kids makes him super happy. We have several milestones to report- Jackson now sits up in the stroller and we don't use the carseat in the stroller anymore. I also don't carry him in the carseat anymore like when we go to the store. I usually carry him in the ergo baby carrier, and I have even tried to sit him up in the shopping cart- but he still is not quite good enough at sitting up to really enjoy sitting up in a shopping cart. There are a lot of photographs to report since the last update. Elizabeth has demanded a photo of jackson in the jump up, so here's a good one. He is enjoying jumping more and more every day. I think he has actually begun to figure out what the Jump Up is for.
In other Jackson news, and we think this is significant news, his red hair is falling to the wayside. This photo was taken almost two weeks ago, and it shows two balding areas on each side of the top of his head. Have no fear, the long red mowhawk in the middle is still wildly exerting itself.

Now, almost two weeks after the above photo was taken, you can see an intense difference

We are sad to report the loss of Jackson's red hair. But we are confident that we have enough photographs so that later in life, he will be able to prove to people that he did in fact have red hair as a baby. His new hair is slowly and I do mean SLOWLY coming in much darker. I also think it is safe to say that Jackson has brown eyes. He is actually looking more and more like Justin.
Saturday was a HUGE day for the Bubba, and for us. Max came back to town to celebrate the K-State/North Texas game, so we took the Bubba tailgating. For those of you that don't know, we are fairly serious about our tailgate set-up. We do, in fact have the LARGEST tent of anyone who tailgates K-State games. It was pretty warm on Saturday so we were glad to have the shade of the tent. Here's a shot of Jackson enjoying tailgating in the ergo baby

We are happy to report that K-State crushed the North Texas Mean Green. But tailgating was not the end of the day for us, no way! We left the tailgate late in the afternoon, went home, changed our clothes and headed to a wedding. One of our former debaters, Michelle Layne got married on Saturday and this was a great wedding. The ceremony was at the Little Chapel on campus with a gorgeous reception at the Train Depot downtown. Jackson totally dug the wedding. He was pretty tired, but powered through the ceremony. He took a slight nap between the ceremony and the reception and then he was back in action around 7pm for the reception. I was particularly excited because they used the same caterer we had for our wedding and had some of the same hors'deurves. At our wedding, I didn't get the chance to eat everything that we had, so this time I made sure I tasted everything!
Such a big day for Jackson left him pretty tired. He slept great on Saturday night and then took two two hour naps yesterday.
Obviously, we couldn't close out this blog posting without mentioning Hurricane Gustav. We are closely watching the hurricane which has just made landfall as I write this. It is pretty clear that Lydia, home of much of Justin's family is in the direct path of Gustav. We are glad that most everyone is in Houston waiting out the storm and we hope everyone's home is spared by the hurricane. For our part, we remembered to get gas in the cars before the storm hit because we can't even imagine how expensive gas is going to be in the next couple of weeks.
yea for pictures of the jump up! I love the one of him on your back. You both have great expressions. I can't believe the red hair is falling out! I'll be praying for the Louisiana folks. Miss y'all.
ReplyDelete