3.06.2008

Ever more ready for the Bubba


Yesterday a package arrived from Justin's mother (Nanna Frankie) that included some bedding she made for him. We are so excited about this bedding not only because she MADE it all by herself, but because it was exactly what we had envisioned and she totally understood our idea and made it happen. So, she has made a crib skirt- which you can't really see in the picture, bumper pads, and a fantastic little baby comforter! It all matches perfectly with the leaves and the rug that we have in the room. There is pretty much nothing else in the room though, besides a changing table which has stuf stacked all over it, so we need to do something about the overall lack of storage in the room. I am sure we will work it out, but I have a feeling that the changing table needs to be kept clear on a regular basis because I would assume that you have to use it to change the kid's diaper pretty frequently.

In other news, we are pretty sure that real labor is imminent. I have been contracting for two days now and all I can say about that is that it is REALLY painful. Tuesday night, and Wednesday morning we were pretty excited about this. I managed to sleep pretty well through several hours of it, but then I had to finally get up at about 4:30 Wednesday morning. I started timing contractions and was pretty excited that they were 4-5 minutes apart for a little over an hour. Then it hit me, "my house is a mess"! So, I started to clean the kitchen. When I was done cleaning the kitchen at 6:00 am, I decided to try to go back to bed seeing as how we had an appointment at 11:30. Next thing I know, I wake up and its 10:20, and clearly the contractions had stopped because I was able to sleep for over 4 hours.

We went to our appointment at the birthing center where they told us, these contractions were a really good sign and that I was making progress, 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. They told us to go have lunch, walk around the mall for a while and if the contractions didn't resume we should go home. So we did that and then we went home.

The last night (Wednesday)the contractions picked up again. I tried to go to bed and it was really hard. I was waking up with every contraction and then trying to fall asleep between them. So, at 5am I got up again. At 6am, I made Justin get up with me. He made me breakfast and sat with me. Next thing I know, its 10am and I wake up and we are both totally passed out in the TV room. So, needless to say the contractions stopped at about 8am and we had taken a little nap.

We went to the mall, walked around, returned some things we wanted to return and bought a couple of things that we wanted. Then we came home and had lunch and went back out to Walmart where we walked around and bought a few things.

We came home again, some intermittent contractions ensued, these were more like 8-15 minutes apart. So, we have decided to just strap in for the long haul. I never really had any illusions about this experience. I had always planned for at least two days of complete discomfort.

Hopefully the next blog update will tell of a new Bubba that you can all get really excited about. Until then, send positive vibrations in our direction.

4 comments:

  1. It's an exciting time! Make sure to take lots of pictures, it goes by really fast! We still need to get over there and drop off our gift. Looks like it might have to wait until after he's born based on your contractions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crib looks great! In my dream that I had last night, the bubba was born on 3-7-08 which is tomorrow! I'd love it if he really did come then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crib is beautiful. Baby Green will be so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!! I am thinking of you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete