
So, only 18 more weeks to go. It is very nice to be almost halfway there! So, I am officially less than 10 pounds away from weighing more than Justin. But he's pretty skinny anyways. The FDA recommends that you gain between 25 and 30 pounds during your pregnancy. Well, I have already gained 22 pounds, 13 pounds in the last month. But, my midwife assured me that I will not have another crazy weight gain like that. But, I think she's just trying to make me feel ok about it. Justin was a tattle tale and he told her about all the mac & cheese I have been eating. She said these were empty calories so, I needed to diversify my diet. Yesterday at the debate tournament, I got pasta for all the debaters and there was an extra spaghetti & meatballs after everyone had been given their food. So, I ate my baked ziti and then I ALSO ate the spaghetti & meatballs! When I got home from the tournament, I just had a salad for dinner though. This week, Justin is going to Wake Forest for the weekend. He'll leave on Thursday and come back on Tuesday. But then we are both home for a while, which is really nice.
Since Halloween is over, I thought I should take the Halloween decorations down and start with generic "Holiday" decorations. Justin informed me that we needed to have separate Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations, so he sanctioned shopping for more decorations. So, today I bought some Thanksgiving decorations. Now, we have Autumnal looking placemats, napkins, napkin rings, and candles on the table. It does look very nice. I have to admit, my life is pretty darn good right now.
Holidays should totally be separate.
ReplyDeleteDon't resist the urges. Craft and decorate to your heart's content.
ReplyDelete-Z
yes. dont resist the crafting urges. weave me a basket!
ReplyDeletei am excited for debate thanksgiving. just think, next years debate thanksgiving will have one more member and a cool outer space themed room!
I like the word Autumnal, I'm glad you used it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, stop touching your face.
You look great and you are not huge!!!
ReplyDeletedon't even worry about gaining weight. you are growing a baby. eat all you want. i gained 55 pounds and its fine. i've already lost 42 without even trying. Okay, i did have to try hard to get rid of the first 7 pounds and 12 ozs.
ReplyDeletei heard that male fetuses need more calories than females, so you'll be hungrier for a good reason.
Have fun.
you look awesome. diversifying the diet is always good, even if you're not pregnant, but especially then. i wish i could have gone shopping with you for thanksgiving decorations. I also wish i could come to debate thanksgiving :(
ReplyDelete