So, I have been calling myself "knocked up" Its not meant to be derogatory, rather I do it in jest in an attempt to add some humor to what is a very serious state- the state of pregnancy.
Today some of my students told me that "knocked up" refers specifically to pregnancies that are mistakes and arise in out of wed-lock relationships.
I think this is total BS- even though my pregnancy was totally intended- I'm still knocked up aren't I?
Here are some ways of explaining pregnant that I've heard so far and what I think about them.
Pregnant- this is not funny enough to explain my situation
Knocked Up- this is my favorite phrase, but apparently inappropriate.
In a motherly way- Justin's uncle Gary said this the other day, and I just don't feel "motherly" so this one was difficult for me to relate to.
with child- ummm, this one is hard because I don't think the bubba is a "child" per se. given that its still technically a fetus.
A bun in the oven- A bun? how does the bubba resemble bread products?
What words & phrases do you all think I should use to describe my situation?
preggers
ReplyDeletegrowing a baby.
ReplyDeletepregasaurus rex
ReplyDeletei like the pregasaurus rex. i like all of 'em actually, but i agree knocked up is quite funny ... so so is pregasaurus :) and it encompasses the crazystateness of pregnancy, i guess.
ReplyDelete