10.10.2007

Feline Intuition


Nina is our black cat that moved with us from DC to Kansas. She is just over three years old. Ever since we moved into our house, she has been kind of a mean cat. She isn't overtly mean like some cats, but she's definitely skiddish in that she runs away from people and finds little nooks and crannies to hang out in.

I have always wondered how Nina will react to a Bubba. When friends of ours bring their children over, she will run and hide. Even if a baby is just sitting in a swing and not crawling around at all Nina will hide. She doesn't seem to want anything to do with children of any kind.

well, for the last month or two, Nina's demeanor has changed completely. I think she has a feline intuition about The Bubba. She used to sleep at the edge of the bed- at our feet, but now she sleeps right up with me. If I am on the couch, she will jump up onto the couch and cuddle with me. She follows me around the house and in general gives me lots of love. I think Nina is protecting me. And it makes me feel better and more confident about my pregnancy. Nina knows that The Bubba is doing just fine and so she wants to protect it and me. It's really cute that she's such a lover of a cat these days after being so stand-offish for so long. And I better give her lots of love and attention right now because pretty soon she won't be our center of attention anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! You look AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you all are right...she is glowing...like literally...kind of freaky. just kidding! you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, nina. i'm glad she's being sweet. you do look lovely as well

    ReplyDelete