9.28.2007

A Week's end

After getting over Justin's accident, we had a pretty good week this week. The highlight would definitely be going to the Birthing Center and hearing the heartbeat again. Plus, setting a date for the ultrasound lets me put the whole thing in perspective. On October 24th we will finally see the Bubba. It's pretty weird that its in there, and its going to be the love of our lives and our best buddy in the whole wide world, but we can't see it yet!

The Bubba is the size of an avacado this week- or a potato. I've read that both are true. I'm still waiting for two things, to feel movement and for my belly to pop. I could probably wait on the latter, but I'd bet that they go hand in hand.

The anxiety I was having a couple of weeks ago about the reality of the pregnancy has definitely subsided. I've found myself actually thinking about how to decorate the room, and what kind of furniture we want, so that's pretty exciting.

This week I went to the K-State superstore to look at the various options for track suits for the debate team- while I was there I was absolutely overwhelmed with all of the baby gear I can get to sport our K-State allegiance.

Justin went to a debate tournament this weekend, I'm holding down the homefront. This is something we'll get used to once the Bubba arrives- we'll alternate weekends that we travel. So while he is in Springfield, MO this weekend, I'm headed to Vegas next weekend. I am definitely getting the better end of this deal!

3 comments:

  1. what do you mean you are waiting for your belly to pop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start taking bets from friends, family and debaters on what day the baby will be born, sort of like what Zach masterminded for Mr. Belding's baby in Saved By The Bell. You should also make sure to to take proceeds from every bet made and put it toward diapers, food, panera, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Dan is already on the betting scheme.

    ReplyDelete