9.26.2007

The Bubba's getting a bike trailer- not a seat on our bike

Justin has always said that he wants to attach a trailer to his bike for our kid(s), rather than have the seat that attaches right behind yor own seat. I've always thought that the seats actually on your bike were so cool. Until yesterday, when very scary thing happened that proved Justin had the right idea all along.

As Justin was riding his bike home from work- His front wheel came off the bike as he was going over a bump. He crashed right on his face. He was very shaken, but luckilly he wasn't hurt to bad. He was about a block from home and as he picked himseld up he said he didn't think he had all of his teeth. He knew his face was bleeding, but not eactly where. He dragged himself and his bike home and cleaned himself up. By the time I got home he was a little out of it, but luckily he still had all of his teeth and was a little scraped up. He didn't need stiches.



But I can't imagine what it would have been like if he had had The Bubba on the bike with him. We'll opt for the trailer because if you fall, it doesn't mean The Bubba has to fall with you.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the trailer idea for The Bubba... in fact, I think that it should have the little canopy attached on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer! i just started riding my bike again its only a matter of time.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the trailer. but b definitely prefers the seat. i've fallen with him and the seat & he has been okay. they are pretty protective. but the trailer just generally rocks. you can put so much stuff in it!

    ReplyDelete