I had a dream last night that I got a new sewing machine. The one I have is a 1971 Sears Robuck - so, its 8 years older than I am. The last few times I have pulled it out, it has not been very functional. I could probably take it in to get fixed, but when I spoke with my mom about it this morning, she agreed that the machine has had a good life and maybe it was finally time for an upgrade.
All of my recent attempts to sew have been unsuccessful. But I think it is rediculous for me to think that I can sew the difficult things I have attempted- dresses and purses. Children's clothing are much simpler. Mostly I just want to make overalls. The same pattern with different fabbrics and cute buttons could be really really fun. So, that is what I am hoping to do.
Not feeling too well today. It started last night. Maybe it was the Thai food, but we eat Thai a lot and I didn't order anything out of the ordinary. I got sick twice last night and then took a Tylenol PM to go to bed (I was told at the birthing center that tylenol is totally safe for pregnant women and that Tylenol PM just has a bit of benadryl in it which is also fine).
I got up early this morning and paid the bills- boring boring- every two weeks I pay bills (every payday) and every time it amazes me how little of what we take in actually stays in.
I went out to lunch with friends, and when I came home I felt so sick. I came home and got sick again.
I managed to get myself together to make a Walmart run with Megan, she had some things she needed and we kind of went a little crazy. It's really amazing how I am so into the cheesy Halloween stuff. I can't find my Halloween placemats anywhere, so I got some new ones. I also got some Flinstone chewable vitamins to replace my prenatal vitamins because the prenatal vitamins make me puke. After Walmart, I introduced Megan to Hobby Lobby, she had never been to one. We looked at some stuff, fabrics, buttons, & patterns. Then we giggled at how immense the selection of scrapbooking supplies was.
I heated up my leftovers from last night and ate them, surprisingly I did not get sick, so that makes me feel a lot better. I think I am going to try to eat something that is neutral like spaghetti O's. I know its gross that I still love them after all of these years, but I need to eat something mild.
I can't wait until monday, I never thought I would ever be excited about going to the Dr. I think there will be many more anxious days like today. We got to appointments once a month during this phase and I cannot wait until we get to go every two weeks. It feels like forever waiting until the next appointment.
We've made a deal that every time we go to Topeka for an appointment we are going to treat ourselves to Indian Food. This is quite possibly the most exciting part of the whole trip.
I am going to try to cheer up for tomorrow- its a weekend off which is really exciting. We're going to clean the house and get a bunch of laundry done and I am going to put up all the cool halloween stuff that I have! So even though this was a depressing note today, things ARE looking up.
No comments:
Post a Comment