8.14.2009

Maybe I thought it was worse than it really is

Like anything, getting Levi used to the outside world will take time. But last night, he did end up sleeping (albeit restlessly) in the swing for a few hours. Justin stayed downstairs with him and tried to do work while I went to bed early. Then at 3am when Levi was up, I got up with him, fed him, pumped and stayed up until he fell asleep again. Tonight he has enjoyed the swing for.....about 5 minutes, maybe less. But today he did hang out in his rocking chair for some time dozing in and out of sleep. So, I may actually have an opportunity to say work on my syllabus, or do some debate research. I don't think I had mentioned that my hard drive crashed about 4 days before Levi was born, like an idiot, I had nothing backed up and on top of losing a million important things for work, I also lost over a thousand photographs of my family. I have had literally no time since Levi was born to work on any of the things I lost and need to reconstruct. But I think we are getting into a rhythm now and I will have some time to do work.

In other news, Jackson was having a blast taking a bath this evening and when I took two pictures of him and turned around to walk away he said "more", so I took some more photos of him and he smiled:After bathtime, we took both boys into Jackson's room in their jammies and Jackson for the first time was a little to aggressive with Levi, he seriously thought Levi's head was a drum and just wanted to bang on it:Levi was not impressed.

Jackson was playing on his IKEA rocker from his Great Aunt Mary (GAM): He got this rocker for Christmas and is literally JUST NOW figuring out what its purpose is.

We put Jackson to bed and then I took a couple cute pictures of Levi:

Tomorrow evening we actually have an adult, no kids allowed social event and Marissa is coming for a couple of hours. I really hope she has a good experience and is excited to start back up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment