1.30.2009

Overdue Update

Its been a while since we've updated, and there is a lot to talk about. I am now 17 weeks pregnant. This means the little bebe is the size of a turnip.....I honestly don't even know what a turnip looks like.

I don't feel terrible, but I don't feel great. Nothing is appetizing and I frequently crave eating something, but as soon as I figure out what I am craving, the same thing sounds disgusting. So, I have like 2 minute cravings. Needless to say, if I have a concern about this pregnancy it would be not eating enough. I am really trying, but it is hard. I go to the store and buy a bunch of delicious snacks, but by the time I get home they all seem totally gross. And, I was under the impression that after 12 weeks the ickyness was supposed to end. I have not actually gotten sick, but I do gag several times a day.

I also don't look pregnant. I have not told my students yet. I am thinking about waiting as long as humanly possible to tell them. I had a lot of extra space left over from Jackson. I was still almost 20 lbs heavier than before my first pregnancy, so I think that's why I don't look pregnant.

I went to the birthing center last week for an appointment. It was great, it was really cool to see my midwife again who had a baby in October and just came back to work. She found the baby's heartbeat with no problem, with a heart rate of 150. There is an old wives tale that 140 range is a boy and 160 range is a girl....So, who knows. The big day where we find out if the baby is ok and if it is a boy or a girl will be Feb 16th. I am pretty excited about it. Last time, Justin was out of town for the ultrasound, so this time he will get to see it and I am excited to not go alone.
Jackson is doing awesome. There are so many new things he is in to. Like grilled cheese sandwiches and fake chicken patties. He is eating a lot more solid foods. I can thank his Nanny, Marissa for a lot of that. She has been so good at focusing on meals instead of bottles. A big goal of mine with Jackson is to have him off the bottle by the time the new baby comes, and I think we will definitely be able to do so way before I thought we would. He crazily stuff his face with food and definitely tries to put as much in his mouth at once as he can.

Tonight, we took a bath in the big tub. I've also decided that this bathroom is the warmest room in the house because it is the smallest room that has a heating vent in it. Before Jackson was born, his Auntie Rae sent him some great bath toys that he hasn't played with yet. So, tonight we opened them up and played with them. He had so much fun.

Jackson and I have been going to a playroom that the county offers for families 3 times a week. Its only open in the morning from 9:30-11:30, so that is when we go. Its been working out really well, He gets to see other kids, play with lots of toys that we don't have and I get to meet other moms and the occasional dad. When we get home from the playroom he takes a serious nap because he gets pretty tired out.
He is working on all sorts of new skills, like trying to stand up, rolling around on the ground, moving from his stomach to sitting up. I predict that in the next couple of months we will be in big trouble because he is going to be quite the mover and shaker. He now races around the house in his walker.

I am going to try to update the blog more frequently, so stay tuned for news about my pregnancy and the potential for a new little baby around here.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry food is not cooperating with you. Hopefully, it will pass soon.

    ReplyDelete