11.15.2008

Jackson's first Football Game


Yesterday, my friend Sarah called and said she had an extra ticket to the football game, so since Justin was out of town I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to take Jackson to his first K-state football game. BUT, first we had to take care of business and get some new K-State gear that would fit him because he has grown out of the t-shirt and onesie he got before he was born. So, yesterday we went to Varney's (The K-State bookstore) to get some new gear. Well, I was seriously disappointed in the options for kids under 2T especially for the colder weather. My frustration was compounded as it always is by how many options there are for girls and not for boys. I ended up getting him this one piece long sleeved union suit type thing. I decided I would layer it by putting his skeleton Pj's on underneath the K-State suit.

The day started by briefly hitting up a party at some friends' house. They are ex- Cornhuskers and so they always have an annual K-State vs. Nebraska party. Well, when I walked in the door at 11am (it is so odd to me that people have parties that begin at 10AM), everyone and I mean EVERYONE was wearing RED. And, to boot, all the people I didn't know (which was everyone) thought my kid was a girl just because he was wearing purple. We left the party around noon, I wanted Jackson to go to the party, interact with some other kids (even if they were all Huskers) and get tired for a big nap before the game.

At about 1:30 Sarah, her new BF Robert, Jackson and I headed out for the Shuttle. We bundled Jackson up in his new patagonia baby fleece suit, put him in the ergo baby backpack and walked to Aggieville to catch the school bus to the stadium. I was a little apprehensive about taking the shuttle because if Jackson had a freak-out at the game I would have no way to leave without walking home (which wouldn't have been that bad). But in the end, Jackson did AWESOME at the game- he even took a long nap- the whole 2nd quarter in the baby backpack!

We had so much fun today at the game that I have decided that we absolutely MUST go to tomorrows basketball game!

By the way- we lost to Nebraska and we lost bad. But, we've already fired our coach, so better luck next year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he did well at the game. He'll be going to his first Rockets game when yall come so he'll be ready! The picture is too cute as well!

    ReplyDelete