6.08.2008

Big girls invade the house......

Casey and the Ramsey's flew in and out of town last week and it was quite fun.

Nya was way into creating Mii's on the Nintendo Wii- she wanted to make sure there was one for everyone in the family and the wanted to ensure that the Mii for Celia was sufficiently bald to reflect the fact that Celia is in fact still a very bald 18 month old. Something that Celia is constantly reminded of. If she doesn't get some hair quick she is going to realize that she is being made fun of and one day she is just going to pop out the craziest comeback to a bald comment.

I feel for her, I had no hair until I was two and my mom tells of the "I am not a boy" t-shirt she had me wear because she was sick of people calling me a "He"......"Oh, he is so bald"....I bet that got pretty old after a while. I say this in order to compensate for making fun of Celia's baldness, but really its Casey, Joe and Nya's fault for starting it in the first place.

Nya & Celia were awesome, Nya is an avid reader and Celia was incredibly excited about Bubbles. Celia is quite a grown up 18 month old, she eats with a fork and if she is not given a napkin at meal time she asks for one and puts it on her lap. She is very grown up, even considering the fact that she is bald.

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of how bald Celia is because she was super tired and not too excited when we decided to take pictures. Here's a good one of Nya & Jackson


Jackson was pretty chill while they were here. He laid low and scoped out the big girls as they did their thing. I think Nya read every book that jackson has in about 10 minutes- seriously, she b-lined for the bookshelf and really did not need anything other than books to entertain her.

Justin held a jam session in the music room and Celia & Nya added percussion, Nya also gave us her rendition of La Bamba that she sang into Justin's real microphone.

The music scene was a little bit overstimulating for Jackson though.

He spent the majority of their visit skeptically looking on from the sidelines.


Speaking of overstimulating the bubba- we took Jackson to a wedding this weekend- stay tuned for that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment