10.31.2007

Halloween Update

Its been a big week for us. Ultrasound on Friday, Red Sox won the World Series while Justin was in Boston (even though the Sox weren't there), My Dad had a Birthday on Saturday, Poppie's Birthday was yesterday, the Rockets won the first game of the season and we went to the Birthing Center for an appointment today.

The Bubba is a BOY! So we are very excited and even more excited that all of his measurements are on track or a little bit ahead. I had the Ultrasound at 20 weeks and 3 days, his head size and circumference measured 20 weeks and 4 days and his femur length was measuring at 24 weeks. So, he may be tall which we think is a good quality. He weighs 416 grams which is almost a pound. By all accounts his entire length is a little more than 10 inches. Plus, his heart has the appropriate chambers, his brain appears to be developing normally, he has a stomach and kidneys and all of the essential organs!

I've felt like my organs are being smushed upwards recently, and sure enough, it has been confirmed that my stomach is nearing my rib cage! I have to admit that the thought of this is kind of freaking my out.

On another good note, I am existing in much more comfortable clothing these days. If anyone knows me, you know that I love valour jogging suits. I had heard that they had them for pregnant ladies at Old Navy so when we went to Houston I started looking. Well, apparently there are only two Old Navy's with a maternity section in the Houston area and I went to two of them and could not find the right sizes or colors. So, when I got home and they canceled my ultrasound to make my self feel better (and it is so sad that I am so incredibly consumer orientated) I ordered a nice green valour jogging suit online. We'll, it arrived today, just in time for me to move into it while we travel to a debate tournament this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. when do we get to vote on names? because my vote is xerxes cash money beth green.

    or maybe just cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely not beth, they are totally naming the kid after me... in some small way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. that first photo is totally a skeletor look for bubba

    ReplyDelete